10mm diameter, 133 stranded solid core galvanised steel cable.
The cable has a machined heavy duty hard eye thimble at one end, and "fused & tapered" at the other so will not fray and become unmanagable. Do NOT
cut the cable!
Zip Wire Essential Cable Details:
- 10mm diameter.
- 19x7 - strand configuration required to give a quiet and vibration free ride. (Other cables 7x7, 7x19 etc will wear the trolley too quickly as it is not a smooth surface, as it has a hexagonal shaped profile).
- Solid Core - the hidden core of cable is steel not fibre as found in cheap cable which will give to much stretch and the correct tension will not be achieved).
- Galvanized - outdoor weather protection using a zinc coating to of the steel in order to prevent rusting.
- Thimble Eye - used to aid fixing without weakening the integral strands.
- Machined Ferrule Clamp - gives the ultimate strength to cable assembly - better than manual clamps.
- Certification Stamp - Test certificate number stamped on Ferrule stamp for reassurance of quality.
- Heat-shrink - covers lose strands at dead end to meet safety standards.
Fused and Tapered end - prevents cable strands unravelling and aids threading through equipment.
Always allow a minimum of 5 meters extra cable over the distance example. If The distance between the trees is say 55m you would need 60m of cable.
This is not standard steel cable, and can not be replaced with different specification cable without becoming unsuitable for zip wire use. E.G. Most steel cables have a fibre core in the middle, this is cheaper as fibre is cheaper than steel, it is also better for lifting applications as the fibre is used to cushion any sudden jerks on the cable. However this is opposite to what is required for Zip Wires as your cable needs to be rock solid and taught to avoid sag in the cable.